Friday, July 31, 2015

Post 22: Falling into the Quora hole


I have been entranced my Quora lately. If some of you have not tried Quora, I recommend that you try it out at least once.



 

Here are some observations and benefits I have found using this platform:

·         There is a designated space to answering questions instead of “Googling” or “Binging” the answers and sifting through search items

·         Answers are from real people in real time as opposed to SEO sites.

·         You can follow both people and topics.

·         The Answer/commenting system has a voting system to promote effective items and suppress the ineffective responses.

·         Quora only allows you to search for questions; this prevents initial bias on answers.

·         Most of the time, you will receive more than one answer and source on a question.

What was your experience?

2 comments:

  1. I liked Quora, too. Its design is somewhat old-style from my opinion, but the idea behind the service is great. I found a lot of interesting discussions there; my favorite one was about the following question: How can professors in top universities publish so many papers per year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link set me on another Quora journey. Very interesting information! I always wondered that myself and actual professors provided real answers!

    ReplyDelete